About North Marston C of E School
Our school is a happy, caring and exciting place where everyone is considered important. We believe that the family is the most important part of a child’s life and we work in partnership with parents and carers for the benefit of our children. Parents are welcome to help in the classroom in a variety of activities and we encourage children to continue their studies at home.
A child is entitled to work in an atmosphere of friendship and trust, where all are considered equal and relationships between all people are considerate and caring.
We champion a cross curricular approach to learning which is broad-based, relevant and meaningful, providing opportunities for every child to achieve his or her maximum potential.
Learning takes place in an environment that is stimulating, challenging and well organised where security is provided by clearly defined expectations of work and behaviour.
All our staff and governors seek to maintain this philosophy.
The Aims of the School
North Marston School aims to provide the best possible education and opportunities for all its pupils, through the following programme:
- To create a stimulating and secure environment where the children will be motivated by a structural but flexible programme of learning, in a welcoming happy atmosphere, which will enable them to develop lively, enquiring minds and so achieve their full potential.
- To follow a curriculum which engenders a love of learning and the excitement of discovery, which develops their academic, spiritual, physical, social and mental skills.
- To ensure that each child has a positive experience of school and perceives him/herself as a valued individual and successful learner.
- To foster and widen the working relationships currently enjoyed between North Marston School, the parents and the local community; to create an understanding about the world in which they live and the interdependence of individual groups and nations.
- To encourage self confidence to achieve an independent and responsible attitude, equipping each child for the next step.