The North Marston School PTA exists to raise much needed funds for the school. Like all PTAs we are run by a group of volunteer parents. New volunteers/helpers are always welcome!
If you would like to get in touch please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Letter sent to Parents from the Head teacher and Chair of Governors -February 2020
We are writing to make you aware that our school budget this year is severely under pressure and we are looking at an in-year deficit budget. This is not likely to get better, as the new National funding formula is not favourable to small schools.
I am aware that we have a very experienced staff, which takes a considerable amount of our budget, but I am sure that you will agree, they are invaluable. We have made every effort to keep our teaching groups as small as possible to provide the best opportunities for learning for our pupils, but this will have to be carefully evaluated should the financial situation not improve.
We need to consider very carefully at how we can try and raise funds for our school.
These are currently the opportunities that we have in place:
Support and help if possible at PTA events, join the committee or give ideas.
- Go through www.easyfundraising.org.uk for your online shopping. This costs you nothing additional to your shop but can give us a kickback for every purchase you make online with a large number of retailers including Amazon, Argos, John Lewis and Tesco.
- We have Gift Aid set up if you would like to add to our number of parents and families who make a direct contribution to North Marston School either as a one off contribution or by standing order (please contact the office for details).
- Take part in the Vale Lottery (www.ValeLottery.co.uk and search for Marston).
- Inform us if you work for a company who will match fund. We understand that the high street banks, building societies, supermarkets and large corporations are likely to do match funding, but these schemes are not exclusive to the major corporate giants. If you work for an independent company, they may be interested in charitable giving through match funding too. We would be grateful if you could see if your employer has a match funding scheme, or if they are willing to match fund any of our events or give an extra percentage. A list @ 2019 is attached for your information.
- Order Easy2name labels www.easy3name.com, choose North Marston C of E School MK18 at checkout for 20% commission to be given to school.
- Order stamps for labelling uniform, bags etc. www.stamptastic.co.uk
- Purchase school uniform from the schoolwear shop where we get 5% commission www.buckschoolwearplus.co.uk and purchase second hand uniform via the PTA.
- Inform us of any grants or opportunities which you hear about that could help the school.
We appreciate all of the hard work taking place by the PTA committee, parents, staff Governors and friends to bring money into the school. Any help you can give whether it be time, ideas or money really does make a huge difference. The PTA section of the school website can be referred to at any time to find information on how you can help.
Catherine Gouldstone Marian Smedley
Head teacher Chair of Governors